Aisling Project: Youth Activity Worker
Aisling Project CLG (Company Limited by Guarantee) manages five Aisling Project centres across Ballymun. The Projects are an after school service for children and young people aged from 7-15yrs. Aisling Project aims to prevent early school leaving, support the community as a whole and improve school retention by running after-school intervention projects for children and young people from the Ballymun area.
The Youth Activity Worker role is pivotal in Aisling Project and the post holder will have a great degree of responsibility for ensuring that children and young people are supported and cared for in line with the ethos of Aisling Project
He or she will report directly to their respective Project Coordinator in respect of the day-to-day work of Aisling Project. The Youth Activity Worker shall be responsible for carrying out agreed work in consultation with their Coordinator and Project Leader.
The Youth Activity Worker contract is based on a 17.5 hour week unless otherwise notified.
- Be responsible for the implementation of activity plans and evaluations
- Be responsible for reporting any issues to the Project Coordinator
- Be responsible for attending scheduled planning meetings
- Attend training as provided by Aisling Project
- Engage with children & young people in a manner fitting with the ethos of Aisling Project
- Work with children – organise indoor and outdoor activities, including Homework, Dinner each day, Literacy Development, Educational projects, Environmental awareness projects, Arts & Crafts etc.
- Deal with Parents/Guardians with respect and empathy at all times in a manner fitting with the ethos of Aisling Project
- Plan, implement and evaluate all programmes across the year
- Become familiar with Logic Models
- Assist with all cross Aisling Project programmes or events that are organised.
- The Youth Activity Worker will work within the spirit and ethos of Aisling Project at all times.
Support & Liaison
- Respond to all queries in relation to Aisling Project
- Communicate with Parents/Guardians in relation to their child in a respectful and supportive manner at all times in keeping with the ethos of Aisling Project.
- Liaise with all stakeholders in relation to their contact with Aisling Project
- Build strong working relationships with Community Organisations from across Ballymun and beyond.
The Youth Activity Worker will report to the Coordinator
All Position holders will be Garda Vetted prior to beginning work with Aisling Project.